Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It’s the little things in life…

  One morning last week, after making one of my tri-weekly trips to Wal-Mart, I heard Grady just chortling away in his car seat.  I hadn’t backed out of my parking space yet, so I turned around to look and this is what I saw:

IMG_2832

He would laugh and then get really quiet and just stare.  I couldn’t imagine what would be so intriguing in the Wal-mart parking lot, even to a baby. So I looked around and had to laugh myself…

IMG_2838

It was straight out of a Hitchcock movie…they just kept coming and coming.  If you look closely you can see the popcorn someone had left in the upper basket. 

  We watched those birds and laughed together for a good five minutes.  It was a bright spot on what had started off a crummy morning.  I just hope I didn’t upset whoever was waiting on my parking space!

4 comments:

Katheryn said...

Isn't it funny what babies will laugh at? That really is crazy though that all those birds converged on the leftover popcorn like that!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. This happens to us at our Walmart and Lindsey is ALWAYS the first to notice the HUGE flock of birds.

Kimberly

Larry Odebrecht said...

That's because wal-mart is evil! EEEEEEVVVVVIIIIIIIILLLLL!

Kelly said...

I wish I could have been in the car hanging out with you! I love the look on grady's face!
I hope you bought a big yummy treat to help you find your way home! It's My favorite way to get home. Cute kids... Loud music and a Good treat!
xoxoxo