Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family Field Trip

 

     Since I have some catching up to do, I figure I might as well start with the more recent events, since they are still “fresh” in my mind…

  Last weekend we took the kids on a surprise trip to Gainesville.  We didn’t tell them where or why we were going, just piled them in the car.  Why Gainesville, you might ask?  Because that’s the nearest Macy’s.

  It all started when Emma wrote her letter to Santa.  She mentioned how neat it would be to drop it in the big red mailbox at Macy’s just like in the commercial.  I thought the closest one was Orlando, but thankfully I was wrong!  I told Jason (World’s Greatest Daddy) about Emma’s wish and he was all for it.

  So Saturday morning we loaded up and drove down to Macy’s. We had to make one stop to photocopy Emma’s letter – thankfully Jason knew a place ; )  We pulled into the parking lot and I asked Emma if she knew where she was…I told her “ ‘Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus’ ”.  She said “Moooom, that’s from the Macy’s commercial with the Santa mailbox.”  Then she yelled, “We’re at Macy’s! The big red mailbox!”  It was all we could do to get keep her buckled in until we got the car parked.  Thankfully the mailbox was right inside the door, so they didn’t have to wait long to mail their letters to Santa.

IMG_3606

IMG_3608

IMG_3611

  After we mailed our letters we had some lunch at the food court…It was so crazy busy!  I remarked to Jason that I couldn’t remember the last time I had been at a mall on a Saturday…he responded with “let alone in December!”  After lunch we took the kids to play on the playground – they had such a great time running, squealing, climbing, and carrying on that Jason and I were happy to just sit back and watch them play.

IMG_3615

IMG_3617 IMG_3618

IMG_3623

   The kids hated to leave the mall, but we had one more surprise for them…but that will just have to wait until next time!

No comments: