Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kiddo Pride, Part 1

 

   Last Thursday I broke the rules, and I paid for it.  I think I set myself back a day or two, but it was so worth it.

   Halloween Friday Emma not only came home with a perfect report card, but a note stating that she was going to receive an award.  The assembly was last Thursday morning, and even though I was on bed rest, I wasn’t going to miss it.

    Of course, I forgot my camera.  I blame the medications.  Thankfully, Ms. Miskowski (Emma’s wonderful librarian) was kind enough to let me borrow hers and then email me the pictures.

   I really enjoyed the program.  All the children were so cute and so proud of themselves, which they well deserved!  Each of the teachers gave out two awards for math, two for reading, two for citizenship, and then perfect attendance.  Guess which one Emma got?

DSC05395a

  I love that Mrs. Taylor gets down on the children’s level every time she takes pictures with them – she is just the best!

  We are so proud of Emma for everything she has accomplished this year – she has overcome her stage fright, you can actually read what she writes now, she has started the gifted program at school, and she has continued to astound us with her reading progress.  Her math is improving, and she is even making strides in PE – not her best subject, but she tries!

   I know pride is a sin, but all of my kiddos are a constant source for Jason and I.  Even Heavenly Father said repeatedly, “This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.”  If we can’t follow His example of parental love, whose can we?

6 comments:

Larry said...

She's the spitting image of her mom.

Kim Jarvis said...

Congratulations, Emma!!!!! That is awesome!

Mandi said...

That is totally Emma in a nut shell. She is such a over achiever. Like someone else I know... hmmm?

Great job Emma! You really are the best! Next time I think maybe you should listen to the doctors crazy lady. You are a super mom! Next time call me and Abi and we will go cheer her on.

Katheryn said...

Way to go Emma! Great Job! Keep up all the great work!

Laurel Shaw said...

She is so cute in her glasses! And not only does she look intelligent, she is!! Great job Emma.

Kelly said...

Emma... You are way to cute for your own good! And I have always loved how stinken Smart she is. What a little Cutie pie in those glasses! SO Stylen!