Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quality Time

  

    First swine flu, now viral bronchitis.  Some days I think I am a walking petri dish.   Unlike my last illness, this time around my breathing  is so labored that I have to do breathing treatments.  It wouldn’t be bad, but the medication raises my already borderline blood pressure.  This means that after the treatment I have to stay in bed so I don’t start having contractions and go into preterm labor.  I just keep telling myself how much worse it could be.  I am thankful that I am doing bed rest in my own bed, and not at the hospital!

  However, there is always an upside….with Mommy on bed rest and being so sick lately, the kids have found new ways to spend time with me:

IMG_3473

  They love when I have to do my breathing treatments, because the mist makes me look like I can breathe fire.  I thought Jake might avoid me during these times, because he had to do so many breathing treatments when he was little (hence the extra masks – the one Jake is wearing is actually a dragon.) He seems to forget how much he hated it.  He even insisted that Grady join in.

IMG_3485 IMG_3487

   After a few minutes, my wild things decided that Daddy needed to have some fun, too.

IMG_3491 IMG_3494

IMG_3493

   This is a game Emma invented called “Lion Pounce”.  It involves jumping on someone from behind – when they aren’t expecting it.  Her prey is usually her littlest brother, who seems to find it fun.  I hope she is a lot more gentle with him than she is with her daddy.

   As much as I enjoy these little moments, I am looking forward being able get around the house and spend more time in the living areas with my sweet family…I am just glad that right now they are coming to me!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG do I ever feel like a looser for not helping you out. I have been swamped with school, kids, Heath in Miami and just being lame! I loved seeing the family in the masks. I sure hope you recover quickly! I wish I could take a day of being sick for you and let you rest for a bit. You are in my prayers and thoughts ALWAYS! Thanks for the coupon you are so on top of everything! Amazing! Your new blog background looks darling! Hang in! Get better we must play before I head out of here! I miss you! See you soon... I hope!~

Kim Jarvis said...

I hope that you are better by now!
Those are some great pictures of some precious memories!