Monday, March 8, 2010

Daddy’s Traveling Companions

     As part of Jason’s new position, he has to travel to all the stores in his district at least once a month.  This means that twice a month he has to go out of town, once to Tallahassee, and once to the Daytona/Melbourne area.

   Even though he is only gone for one night at a time, we miss him terribly!  Jake and the little bits don’t notice too much, but Emma and I have created our own ways of dealing with his absence.  I have him give me a blessing of comfort and strength the night before he leaves, and I try to go out to dinner with a friend and her kiddos the night he is gone.  Emma sends friends to travel with Daddy.

  Emma is the sweetest little girl.  She is always bringing me her toys to cheer me up when I am feeling down, and when he first started going out of town she would send some of her stuffed animals to keep him company, and to remember her by.  This evolved into her sending Pet Shops.

IMG_4387

  She has about a thousand (it seems) of these things, and the night before he goes, he asks her to pick out some new friends.  She is always very careful about her choices, and then sits down with Jason and gives him detailed care instructions.   This week he has the mouse, who is a baby.  Because she is a baby, she needs to be bathed three times a day (the zebra can help with this task).  Zebra, who is a frequent traveler, has a hurt hoof, and will probably sleep most of the time.  She also makes sure that they have everything he needs to properly care for them.

IMG_4390 IMG_4391

   They each have their own bed, food, and yes, that is a litter box.  The baby mouse has her lovey, and in case they get bored Emma sends something for them to play with.

                IMG_4392

The first few times he went, the pets had to survive at the bottom of Jason’s suitcase, but now they have their own method of conveyance.  Emma picked this out for her Daddy for Christmas.  Now they travel in style!

IMG_4394

    I love how serious Jason is about his traveling friends.  He always he makes sure that he gets new ones before he leaves, and he makes sure that he has their care instructions correct.  

   I am glad that Emma has this way to help her not miss her Daddy so much in the short time he is away from us, and I am really glad to know that Jason isn’t lonely on the road!

4 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

Too cute! Emma is such a sweetheart!

Janie Mueller said...

that is so very sweet what special memories

Kim Jarvis said...

Yay! You're back. I just now got caught up on your sweet family's stories. I've been missing them!

Kelly said...

Oh I am sooo happy to see some posts! I have soo missed you! I feel like I never was able to give to you a real Goodbye Hug! Boo Hoo! I just count myself Very Blessed I was able to sit next to you in R/S and your sweet lil babe! Might have been one of my favorite Sundays ever! I love the new photo of the kids! So Perfect! I can't believe how big Jake looks! Big boy! I love you! Looks like you are doing great and handling 4 kids perfectly!
I LOVE YOU! Emma you are a sweetheart! I miss you too, those big beautiful eyes, those great hugs! xoxoxoxo