Monday, March 9, 2009

Caravan Treasure Hunt

  I try to clean out my car at least once a month, usually on a Monday because if you take your church bulletin to the Goo-Goo car wash they give you a $3 discount.  I love the Goo-Goo wash. They not only have free vacuums, glass cleaner, and towels, they have the most wonderful floor mat cleaners.  When I take Emma with me she will usually park herself in front of the mat cleaner and send them through a few dozen times.   IMG_0243

  My sweet husband Jason is driving to the far point of his district tomorrow, so he needs to take my van – more reliable.  I decided this would be a good Monday to clean it out, even if my church bulletin was still sitting on the coffee table at home. That is when my treasure hunt began.

  I would like to make the disclaimer that I very rarely allow my kids to eat in the car anymore, but sometimes it happens.  I also tell them as they are getting out “Grab your stuff, I’m not taking it inside with me!”  Keep these two things in mind as you read the list of finds:

  • Two sippy cups, one with juice left
  • Three socks
  • gallon size ziplock bag
  • Jake’s PJ shirt (?)
  • Jake’s slippers
  • Jake’s crocs (do we see a pattern ?)
  • 18 strands of Gasparilla beads
  • one ibuprofen tablet (!)
  • two pacifiers
  • 1/2 chicken nugget
  • 5 fast food drink cups (various sizes)
  • 2 “Kitchen” cups
  • Small Medium order of fries
  • Two Jackets
  • Three kids meal toys
  • empty gatorade bottle
  • three lids to gatorade bottle
  •  
    I once saw a onesie that said “Do the cheerios under my carseat count as my 72 hour kit?”  I think I need it for Grady. 

  What is so sad about that list is that the double stroller was in the back of the van, so I didn’t even make it to that compartment – and that is where the kids think their church bags live. 

  Anyway, you can come see my van now – its clean, has a full tank of gas, and a new oil filter with fresh oil. Aren’t I a sweet wife to pretty my van up for its date with my husband?

(And yes, that is Jake on top on the van – I tried to get him to showroom model it, but he just wanted to climb…little monkey)

3 comments:

Katheryn said...

Ok, that is hilarious!!! Kids are jusst so crazy!

The Sauls Family said...

I'm always cleaning out books and movies out of my van. I'm glad we're past the sippy cup stage, because there's nothing worse than finding a sippy cup with old milk in it. Ewww, eww, eww!

Kelly said...

Happy to hear your car has the same problem mine has. I cleaned out about 2 pounds of sand and dirt after the camp out... But oh it was soo Fun! I need to find out where this great places is you go for your car wash... My car is cryig for a wash!