Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Date Night at the Cannery

My sweet husband hard at work


Team work!



The Happy Hairnet Bunch

Tonight Jason and I were lucky enough to leave the kids with Nina and have fun doing something we have been counseled to do. We had dinner at Chic-fil-A and then met some members of our ward at the Jacksonville Cannery. We had a really great time and were able to add a couple of more cases to our food storage.
For me, going to the cannery is a double-edged sword. I LOVE going, and I always have a great time, but I always leave scared to death knowing my family is no where near prepared. The one quote that always gets to me is by Harold B. Lee:

"If you knew what I knew, you would pile it (food storage) in the middle of the floor, throw a cloth over it and walk around it."

I really need to get with Sister Wheeler and learn how to use that pressure canner I bought on clearance last year so I can put up some meat, and then we would be in better shape. Then we need some 55 gallon drums for water, extra bottles of propane, a solar oven....oh, we have a lot to do....





1 comment:

Katheryn said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm sorry we missed it! We really need to get on top of our food storage too. We have A LOT left to get for it.