Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

  That post title might seem odd to some of you, but as members of the LDS church, we believe that April 6th is not only the day the Lord’s true church was restored on Earth, but also the day Jesus was born.  It being Monday, I told the kids we were going to bake cupcakes for Jesus' birthday and then have Family Home Evening.  Emma was super excited, so off to the kitchen we went.  IMG_0671 IMG_0680

Even Grady helped out!  While the cupcakes were baking, we had a lesson from the fantastic FHE packet Sheila Wheeler emailed us.  Then we frosted the cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.  Emma looked up at the ceiling the whole time. Her sweet spirit never fails to amaze me….she never once asked about Christmas and His birth.  I guess we taught her well in December!  It may seem to some people that baking cupcakes and singing is a little off kilter, but I don’t think Emma will forget this birthday party.

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

That picture of Grady is so cute! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful birthday party!

Ilene said...

Thats cool, I didn't even remember. Actually I was so tired of taking care of 4 kids under the age of 5 that I had my 2 in bed by 8:30 with no FHE. I seem to falling short of being the good mom these days!