Monday, April 6, 2009

Why does Heavenly Father gives us "useless" organs?

I have often wondered in my life why our bodies contain organs that we can so easily live without. I know that each organ has some purpose, but sometimes it seems like that purpose is just to get so infected that a surgeon has to remove it. I had my tonsils out when I was 19. I was in pain for weeks afterwards, and instead of getting Tonsillitis three times a year, I got Strep Throat. This time last year my poor little Jakers had his tonsils, adenoids, and part of his uvula removed. He still gets sinus infections. I have a few friends who live happily every day without their appendix(es), and when I worked on 5 Wolfson, I knew quite a few kiddos who didn't have spleens. (And I know Jason won't even want me to go near the subject of wisdom teeth.)
Last Thursday I had to have my adenoids removed. I thought it would be a simple surgery and I would recover quickly. (After the tonsil pain of 1993, I don't know why I thought this) Now you have the answer for why I am ranting. Drugs. Pain killers to be exact. If I want to swallow, I take them. Otherwise, I mumble and sometimes drool. (sorry, but its true.) I am just really thankful that this week is Spring Break and I am not responsible for getting children ready for the bus and for school. I am truly thankful that Jason's business trip is only overnight and not for two or three days. I am also really thankful for PBS kids that keep my little ones occupied while I lay in the couch and eat popsicles.

No comments: