Thursday, October 29, 2009

Coppergate’s Open (& Crowded) House

 

  What a night for the Howles! 

After spending last night in Labor & Delivery (just really bad pain &  pressure, no pre-term labor yet, thank heavens) the last thing I really felt up to doing was going to Open House at Coppergate.  I know, Bad Mommy.  But there was no way I was going to disappoint my little girl, so we pawned Grady off on my mom and headed to school.

  As usual, we had a wonderful time.  I have been in Emma’s classroom a few times, but this was Jake’s first visit and she wanted to show him everything. It was so cute to watch her with him – she is the best big sister!

IMG_3437

     She is having a super year in school, I think it has a lot do with how much she loves her teacher Mrs. Taylor and her friends.

IMG_3440 IMG_3439

    After we visited her classroom we had to fight the throngs of people to get to the cafeteria where were treated to a little patriotic concert.  I am glad so many parents attended, but I almost passed out in the hallway.  No problems, though – Emma made it well worth the crushing as once again our girl overcame her stage fright.  We can’t be more proud of her!

IMG_3441

  Jake was also a source of pride tonight.  This was the first time we have taken Jakers to an “unfamiliar” place without a stroller.  He was such a big boy and behaved so well!  He loved watching his big sister perform as much as we did:

IMG_3451 

      I am so proud of both my “big” babies – I can’t believe how much they have accomplished in just the last couple of months.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What are we going to do with you? You need to take it EASY! That means.... sit down, kick your feet up and relax! Get the toys out on the floor and let them play around you... pack a little pic nic for them so they can eat/play and you can get some R&R! Please call me if you head into the Hospital again!
I am impressed you went out... your one in a million! Happy to hear The kids had fun and were so good for you! Just what you needed!
Good LUCK! Take it easy! Life will be soooo much harder if you have this lil princess too early. A Happy Mom = A Happy Family! You must care for your self first so you have engergy to take care of the others! I would love to help how ever I can!
I love you!

Katheryn said...

I didn't know that you had been in the hospital! Girl, you need to stop doing so much. If you need help with anything, you need to let me know.

Last night was CRAZY! Were there that many people at the open house last year? Or did everyone show up this year because of the whole performace thing? It was fun, even if it was hot and crowded!

Take it easy and please please please let me know if you need any help. I am pretty good at cleaning, taking care of kids, cooking, just whatever you need!