Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Girls Gone Wild

  Okay, Girl Scouts gone wild.  Last Saturday was the Daisy/Brownie Sock Hop for the Black Creek Service Unit.  I really wish all of you could have been there to see for yourself how ADORABLE a bunch of 5-7 year olds dancing in poodle skirts really is.

  If there had been an award for the best dressed troop, our girls would have won hands down.  Not only were they the only matching troop, they were just stinkin’ cute.

IMG_3239a

IMG_3241a

  Once they went inside, they made ice cream sundaes and then played some games. 

IMG_3250

  Emma, being Emma, wasn’t much into participating.  I had to force her to at least stand with her troop on the dance floor.  When it came time to do the Casper Shuffle, she just stood there, so my fat pregnant butt had to get out on the dance floor with her.  She wasn’t happy about it, but I physically “slid” her to the left, and made her hop, or cha-cha real slow…..

  At some point she realized she wasn’t going to win and started having fun.  It also helped that she found a friend from Kindergarten that had moved to a new school.  Soon they were doing the YMCA and they made up a dance Emma called '”push apart, bridge together.”

IMG_3289

I might be pretty biased, but I think my bobby soxer was the cutest pink poodle ever…

IMG_3278

Oh, and in case you are wondering…yes, I had to go in costume as well.  However, a pregnant bobby soxers are no where near as cute.  (But little brothers are!)

IMG_3302a

No comments: