Sunday, October 25, 2009

Primary Program

IMG_3393

   Even though Emma is six years old, and has been in Primary for three years, today was her first Primary Program.

People don’t believe me when I tell them how shy she is.  Emma shy?!  As outgoing as she is, Emma has a terrible case of stage fright.  She generally won’t get up in front of anybody to do anything unless they are family. 

Emma’s first program she got up on the stand with her class and sat.  She didn’t sing, she didn’t her part, I don’t think she even made it through the whole time.  Her second program she didn’t even get up on the stand.  Today she shined.

  The program started with the children walking from the back of the church up to the stand while singing “I am a Builder”.   The primary theme this year is My Eternal Family, and each child had a small part to recite about  the roles they fulfill in building their eternal families.  After they said their part, they went over to a very large house (that I think our bishop built) and added their family’s brick to the house.

  Emma sang all the songs, and she had her part memorized:

 “Each member of a family has important jobs.  I like to help take care of my little brothers.”

  After all the songs had been sung, and all the children had put their family bricks in the house, our sweet primary president called the names of each child or set of siblings, and when she did the family of those children in the congregation stood up.  It was one of the simplest, most moving things I have ever seen. And as if that weren’t enough to get me teary, then our Bishop shared a few thoughts, and at one point he turned to the children and spoke to them. The program closed with first the children then the rest of the ward singing “Families are Forever”

   In all our years of going to church, I can honestly say this was the most wonderful Primary program I have ever seen. Thanks so much to our wonderful presidency for working so hard to put it together, and to Emma’s teachers for encouraging her.   But mostly, thanks so much to Emma, who practiced so hard and made Mommy so proud today.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

EMMA who would have Guessed you would have been scared to talk... You did Wonderful! All the practice with the dolls paid off! Erin thanks for helping on Saturday and getting all the kids up and ready to say parts... you worked your Magic! Thanks for your kind words! Middleburg is a Magical Place! We sure love you all! Can't wait to see you all at the Trunk or Treat! We MUST PARTY! xoxoxoxo

Katheryn said...

Emma did so great! I am so proud of her for overcoming her fear and marching right up there and saying her part perfectly! Maybe by next year, we can get Jake to come up and say a little part too :)

Mandi said...

OH I am even more sorry I missed it now. I bet she was so cute she always is but I have always loved Emma she broke Aaron and I in. We sure did love borrowing her back in the day. Great job Emma!!!