Friday, August 28, 2009

All it takes is faith and trust…and a little bit of Pixie dust.

   After school on Monday, we went over to my mom’s house for some swimmin’ time.  The kids love it when Daddy gets in the pool. He plays the best games with them, like Otter Rides, Kids Stack, and Big Sea Monster.  But Jake’s favorite is the Jaker Flips. 

  It starts by Jason asking if he wants to do a Jaker Flip. Jake pretends to be scared and fake yells “No!” all while swimming towards Daddy.

IMG_2739

Then Jason launches him into the air.

IMG_2753 IMG_2754

And he flies…

IMG_2742

…then lands with a splash.

IMG_2756 IMG_2757

  And then he does is all over again.

  Emma is not too much into getting air.  She has just recently begun to put her face in the water, so she has her own way of using her Daddy as a launch pad.

IMG_2745 IMG_2750 

  She also enjoys the Super Jump, which involves starting at the back corner of the yard to get a running start and then leaping off the deck  into the water.

IMG_2765

   Grady isn’t too into the flying action yet, but enjoys the water and the games as much as my other fish.

IMG_2793IMG_2784

    I am looking forward to the day when he can participate in Emma’s other favorite Daddy game:

IMG_2768 

   I think those four would live in the water if they could, and as much as a I hate the heat I hope it stays swimming weather for a good while yet. 

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh the pic of Jakers mid are is so jakers. What a little dare devil. That smile is simply priceless! My favorite is the one with all the kids stacked up. Jason is such a great dad. I just love your family!

The Sauls Family said...

Those pictures are awesome! :D

Katheryn said...

Love that picture of Jake flying through the air! Awesome. Jason is such a great dad :)

Kelly said...

OH I LOVE THIS POST! It makes me want to jump through the computer and come swim with you. Jake you are Darling... Jason you are one in a Million! Erin you are one heck of a photo taker! You need to enter Jake flying into a photo contest!
It's AWESOME! It makes me smile everytime I see it!
xoxoxox