Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The guy Jason can hide behind

Last weekend, I finally got to meet someone I have wanted to see in person for a couple of years now. His name is John, and he is bigger than my husband. Jason started working for Jon at the FedEx at the beach a couple of years ago. He came home and told me that he could hide behind his new boss. He said that one day someone came in looking for Jon – told Jason “No, I was working with the big guy.” Jason’s not the big guy? Who is this man?

Well, now that Jason is a district guy and Jon is no longer his boss, we finally planned a family outing to the zoo. We got there a little early, so we sat inside the gate and waited for our friends to arrive. There were a lot of big men at the zoo that day, but once I saw Jon there was no mistake. My husband wasn’t exaggerating.

It was tough trying to get these two shy guys to pose for a picture, but I finally did:

IMG_2545

Notice that Jon is taller than Jason even with his feet so far apart, and Jason is actually standing up straight (for once).

Other than finally meeting Jon, we got to spend the day with his wife Jennifer and their daughter Cassie. Jake was in love:

IMG_2495

IMG_2496

Emma and Grady had fun, too.

IMG_2505 IMG_2499

Emma with HER plant – a “Queen Emma Crinum”. And Grady got his first “Zoo Sipper”.

After seeing all the animals we hit the splash park and let the kids cool off. We had a wonderful day. We got to see the new baby giraffe, we heard the Siamangs sing, and we saw the otters playing instead of sleeping. Best of all, we did it all with new friends!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay for a fun day at the zoo! I can not believe that there really is someone taller than Jason. You should ask Jason how it feels to be the shorty for me. I am glad you guys made some new friends and had a wonderful family day!

Katheryn said...

Wow, who knew there was someone that was so much taller than Jason! I would feel like I was standing next to a giant if I were beside him! Glad you guys had a great day at the zoo and made some new friends. Its always fun to make new friends!

Kelly said...

Looks like a Great day! And how fun to have someone for Jason to hide behind. Did you give it a whirl and play hind in seek at the zoo?