Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Her “greatest day ever”

    I must start this post with how lazy I am.  I have a freezer FULL of yummy meals just waiting to be cooked.  I even have one thawing in the fridge.  But tonight, I was not feeling the kitchen.  I wanted comfort food – roasted meat, mashed potatoes, green beans…heaven.  My sweet husband that loves to fulfill my pregnancy cravings suggested we save the stuffed pork chops in the fridge for another night and go to Cracker Barrel.  (LOVE that man.)  We decided it was Emma’s turn to go out with us and headed dinner.

  Our normally very talkative little princess was silent in the backseat.  We thought she had fallen asleep.  Then Jason pointed out a rainbow over the St. John’s River.  Chatty Cathy awakens.  It turns out that she was so quiet because she was searching for rainbows. 

  By that time, the trees were in the way so Jason turned down River Road so we could see it better.   It was so beautiful, and I just happened to have my camera in the car, so I had him pull over so I could take some pictures.  I took a couple, then Emma asked if she could take some.  I am both proud and a little embarrassed to admit that her pictures were better than mine!

rainbow on the river

  I told her it was so good that I was going to send it into First Coast News.  That was the beginning of the greatest day.

   Once we got to Cracker Barrel, everything was great for Emma.  These are the things that make  a six-year old’s day:

1.  The waitress brought her a glass – not a cup with a lid.

2.  She beat her daddy at checkers twice, once in three moves.  Jason said she had moves “unlike he had ever seen before”.

3. She ordered all by herself.

4. She got 2 scoops of ice cream with chocolate syrup, AND whip cream.

5.  Mommy is sending her picture to First Coast News.

  She even had to call her Grammy when she got home to tell her all about it.  She is so hard to please sometimes that nights like these make all the difference.

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

Yep! Sounds like a great day to me!

Mandi said...

Oh that little miss emma is so cute! Great idea to think of sending it to first coast news! Your family is so cute!