Thursday, August 20, 2009

A continuation and update post….

   First for the updates.

I mentioned in our post about our surprise pregnancy that we had our ultrasound scheduled for August 7th, and I would report back about the baby’s gender and health when the results were in.  Well, I guess you can say no news is good news.  Apparently, the ‘anatomical scan’ ultrasound can not be completed until the baby is 22 weeks gestation.  This scan was just to make sure everything is developing correctly (to this point) and to find out the gender.  The doctor said that so far everything looks good.  All the bone ratios are normal, the baby is moving well, and all the other measurements – cranial space, spine, etc. are on the mark, too. If anything the baby is about a week ahead, size wise. (Howles!)  Of course, this baby is modest.  The scan took about 30-45 minutes, and never once did the little bugger open its legs.  Crossed ankles, knees tight, the whole nine yards. Jason is so proud.  So we still don’t know for sure what we are having.  The doctor and the ultrasound tech both agree that it is more than likely a girl from some of the other views, but until they get the money shot, I can’t get rid of any old baby clothes.  The one thing we do know is that this one is going to look just like Emma and Grady.  I have seen those two enough on ultrasounds to recognize the profile.

image0

    We go back on September 22 for the ‘big one’, where they will be able to do a fetal echocardiogram and get some other more technical measurements to give us even more assurance that this baby doesn’t have Down syndrome.  Hopefully the kid will also give up the goods, so to speak.  I really do hope its a girl – otherwise its going to have a complex.  All of us refer to her as Gretchen and call her by name when we are talking to her. 

  In other news, for those of you that offered a guess as to which picture was going to make us famous – here it is:

corn box

I thought some of the others were much cuter, but I guess they wanted a fun-for-all-ages picture.    They are having another contest, and if you are on Facebook you can help. Plus, if I win (free pass) you also win! Details on FB soon.

  And now for the continuation of an earlier post: I am REALLY glad I bought those washable markers.  I went out for a little while last night and this is what I found in the front hallway when I walked in:

IMG_2674 IMG_2665

   

They even got the baby this time.   IMG_2677

I tried to punish them by making them clean it up, but they fought over the clean wipes and had waaay to much fun.  IMG_2672

  Okay, I think that is everything. If you have made it to the end, you are to be commended!

5 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Four words, my friend- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! Those will get ANYTHING off of walls, floors, bathtubs, counters, etc. And don't bother with the Wal-Mart/Target generic brands- get the real thing! I don't know what those bad boys are made of, but they are awesome! My mom and I joke they are probably made from something that will give us all cancer in 50 years, but in the meantime the house will be clean! ;)

And YAY on the good ultrasound news, although BUMMER Gretchen didn't show the goods.

Kelly said...

Your walls look like my walls. Got to love the wonderful art work these monkeys give us.
You have one cute lil peanut inside that belly of yours. I want one!!! I'm excited you have good news... I knew the photo one of ou and the boys were the winner that was honestly my pick. They would be Crazy not have you and that lovely smile as the Winner!
Did you take photos of the back to school bash? I want to see the goods!

Mandi said...

I am excited that every thing seems to be good to go. I love the name she like the rest of your cuties will be adorable. Oh the walls stink, sorry. My mom always said that one day when we got married and had our own kids she was going to send them home with red cool-aid and markers to ruin our carpets and walls. So just think of those days when they color little presents on your wall.

Katheryn said...

Don't you just love a baby that has been made colorful by their siblings? I guess that is just one of the hazards of being the baby in the family. Just wait though, one day he'll get them back!

Glad everything is going well with your pregnancy! Got our fingers crossed for a girl!

Ilene said...

Glad all is well with little Gretchen. She'll be here in no time and all the worrying over her will be over. But still sleepless nights;) Love the walls, mine are colored by permanent markers, and there wood so no scrubbing will help. Paul will have to sand them down before the Chapman's return home! Are you sure Grady wasn't the one decorating? Normally the one covered in markers is the culprit.